Wednesday, May 27, 2009

first rehearsal...

The first rehearsal for this show went REALLY well! I have been so impressed with the cast so far... they are an enthusiastic bunch of young people who seem to really like to "get down"! Not only did we get through the major nuts and bolts of the choreography for the piece "We're all in this Together", but our choreographer Cami also worked on the finer bits as well...
The thing that I like about this show (and I have been razzed about liking this show) : ) is that it is SO high energy! It is unlike anything we have done before in the history of the Alamogordo Music Theater. I think that this show is a tremendous opportunity for the young talent of this community, 95 percent of the cast is under the age of twenty and High School Musical is an extrodinary prospect to highlight their gifts! We have dancers, singers and actors. Individually they bring their own set of skills to the table. However, it is my hope that when all is said and done, with their combined abilities, that we have a set of performers whose skills encompass all the disciplines of the fine arts! I can't stress enough my amazement at the abilties of these teens! We have people who have studied ballet, hip hop, tap and jazz... when these cast members weren't practicing, they were brushing up on their moves. It was great... I intend to try to incorporate as many of their abilities as I can within the show.
I wanted to take a moment and thank a bunch of people for helping with last nights rehearsal... Tammy & Nate from the Boys and Girls Club have been great! They have provided a great place to rehearse. In addition I have a great team set up for the show... Ronnie my producer, Randall my assistant director and Cami my choreographer! Thanks a million! Keep checking in regularly... more updates to come!
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice amigo! Awesome way to keep up with the show.

Mongo said...

We have done pretty good so far. . i noticed myself on the top rehearsing the wildcat cheer and man i need to be on "crack" like jeremy said cuz i do not have enthusiasm what so ever. but ill be like that tomorrow! for practice! im just mostly shy